CTP/ CONCUR FAQ
When is the best time for me to book my flight?
It is recommended that airfare be booked 14-21 days in advance.
How can I get access to book a guest online?
All Guest Travel should be booked by an Administrative Assistant. If you are an Administrative Assistant and need guest booking priveledges please contact the Mission Pharmacal Travel Office.
Can I book a multi-leg trip online
Yes, multi leg trips can be booked online.
It is suggested that complicated, multi-leg, international itinearies be booked by a Full Service agent.
Can I book an international trip online?
International travel can be booked online, however if your itinerary includes several international destinations or inter- country travel you should contact Full Service.
Full Service will be able to get better pricing and advise of any travel documents you may need.
Why am I unable to reserve a seat on Concur?
Airlines provide only a limited amount of seats that can be pre-reserved. The remaining seats will be available at the time of check in. It is important to note that a pre-reserved regular economy seat assignment is never guaranteed.
Can I change/reserve my seat online?
In most instances a pre-reserved seat can be done online while making your reservation; however, once a reservation has been ticketed and confirmed, you can access the airline’s website and modify the seat assignment or make changes based on frequent flyer status. It is important to note that a pre-reserved seat is never guaranteed.
How do I verify if my frequent flyer number is included in my reservation?
The traveler’s freqent flyer number will be printed on the final invoice that is sent by CTP. It will be listed under Frequent Flyer Info.
Frequent Flyer information can be added to the traveler’s profile. Once it has been added to the profile, it will automatically be included in any reservation for that airline.
How do I book a conference hotel?
If required, Conference bookings can be booked through the website, if using Concur to book a hotel at a conference rate, please use conference Hotel request.
How do I book a prospective employee’s travel?
Prospective employee’s would be booked as a guest through Concur if Florida Institute of Technology is paying for the airfare.
How do I obtain access to book for a guest?
Contact the travel office to request access. Access will only be given to administrative staff.
What are the fees that I will be charged by CTP?
Do we have to use Concur?
- The Florida Institute of Technology Travel Program has been implemented in order to provide competitive pricing for company travelers. Discounted rates are based on volume (the more travelers who use the system, the better the rates); therefore, company travelers booking through Concur and CTP will allow the company to negotiate the best rates with airlines. It also ensures that any Florida Institute of Technology Frequent Travel Programs are being utilized. For example, Florida Institute of Technology has a business extra account with AA, with this travelers receive their personal points, but Florida Institute of Technology also receives points which we can then use towards free tickets to help in reducing the overall cost of the travel at Florida Institute of Technology.
- Concur is required for the submission of all expense reports related to travel, whether or not, the Florida Institute of Technology Travel Card was used. Request for reimbursement of any travel related expenses must go through Concur.
What is Group Travel?
Group Travel is defined as a group of 10 or more individuals traveling to or from the same destination.
Can I enter multi FOAPs when booking a reservation with Corporate Travel Planners?
The split between FOAPS will occur after travel has taken place and an expense report is filed.
What is a travel Request, and is it required?
- A travel request through Concur is required to ensure proper approval for travel has been obtained prior to the purchase of any travel related expenses. Request is used to provide the FOAP approver with the ability to understand the overall cost of the trip and determine whether or not they are willing to cover all costs associated with this trip. Requests can be allocated to multiple FOAPs, if departments are splitting the cost of an employee’s travel. The approved travel request is used by the travel office to ensure an adequate credit limit is established on traveler’s card for the duration of the trip and to cover any pre-trip expenses (i.e. airline costs, conference fees, deposits, etc).
- Exception to this requirement is made for frequent travelers whose supervisors have approved a monthly credit limit to cover Florida Institute of Technology sponsored travel. Please be aware of your credit limit as a request may be necessary if you will be doing excessive travel that will exceed your monthly credit limit.
What do I use to estimate meal costs for my trip?
- The GSA Per Diem rate for the city you are traveling to should be used for your request to estimate the funds needed to cover meal costs while you are away.
- All meals should be paid for using your Travel Card and your FOAP will only be charged the actual meal costs that you incur while traveling. All meal expenses require a receipt when submitted with your expense report. Helpful Hint: Use the Concur App to take pictures of meal receipts while traveling and they will automatically be uploaded into Concur and matched with your credit card transaction.
If a traveler is in travel status and needs to change their travel arrangements, who should they contact?
Please contact CTP. They will make the necessary changes to your travel plans. Justification will need to be provided to Florida Institute of Technology for changes.
How do I upgrade my flight reservations with CTP?
Extra leg room, early check in and change in flight class can be obtained by contacting the airline company directly. All additional requests will require an explanation for additional charges.